Call for Applicants!
Soliloquies Anthology is looking for a second Editor-in- Chief to join the 2018/2019 masthead.
Working together, the two EICs are responsible for managing all aspects of the literary journal, including: hiring and supervising content and media editors, event planning, publishing one journal per semester and the logistics of publication, budgeting, promotion, and website content. Soliloquies wants to continue engaging both with the international submissions it receives and with a variety of local artists and communities, so that students and writers have a strong platform to rely on for information, reviews, events, poetry, and prose.
The qualities we are looking for include:
– Must be an undergraduate student at Concordia. Studying at least one subject (English,
Creative Writing, Professional Writing) within the English department is desired, but not
– A strong command of the English language and literary genres, especially contemporary
writing. Special interest and knowledge about writing and editing poetry is a bonus.
– Previous editing experience in areas of poetry, prose, creative nonfiction, book and
event reviews, social media promos, and/or opinion pieces.
– Knowledge of a variety of Montreal literary communities and events, and a willingness to
create connections within them.
– Ability to organize and lead a group of about ten people. Must be organized and self-
motivated, since the Editor-in- Chief is responsible for guiding the rest of the masthead.
– Ability to collaborate others. You will be sharing your position with another person, so
conflict resolution and communication are necessary skills.
– Previous budgeting experience, or aptitude for numbers, is a bonus. (If you are an
English student, interested in running for CASE as the VP of Publications, to manage
that budget and internal communication is also desired.)
– Event planning experience and interesting ideas for engaging Concordia students and
the outside community.
Some responsibility for this position will begin in April, like hiring the rest of the masthead,
however those hours will be flexible. By September, the position will require about 10 hours per week, ranging around the publication deadlines.
The deadline to apply for Co-Editor- in-Chief is
March 31, 2018 at 11:59pm. Please forward a CV, cover letter, and any further questions about
the position to email@example.com.
Interested in joining Soliloquies but not ready to take over as Editor-in- Chief? Stay tuned for our
call for Editors coming up in a few weeks.
All positions on Soliloquies Anthology are unpaid.