Soliloquies Anthology is currently seeking a Managing Editor for the 2017-2018 academic year, to work in collaboration with the Editor-in-Chief. These positions are a great opportunity to gain valuable publishing and editing experience, and to contribute to the literary community on campus.
The Managing Editor works closely with the Editors-in-Chief to perform the day-to-day operations of the journal. The Managing Editor contributes to various aspects of the anthology’s executive operations, including:
Responsibilities for the Managing Editor:
• Organizing the production of our bi-annual print publication, including submissions, printing, and dissemination
• Oversee online Soliloquies Writes content, social media accounts and our relationship with Montreal’s literary scene
• Maintain the archive of past publications, editors, and contributors
• Aiding the Editor-in-Chief with the management of the editorial committee, particularly overseeing media
• Correspondence with contributors, venues, publishers, and other external parties
• Planning the launch events and overseeing other initiatives
Qualified applicants will have some interest in the publishing industry and excellent organizational and managerial skills.
Send an updated CV and a max. 500 word cover letter detailing past editing experience and relevant assets to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, March 22nd at 11:59pm. Applicants may be asked to interview through March and early April. Applicants should be prepared to intern for the duration of the 2016-2017 academic year if hired.
Undergraduate Concordia students who are not eligible for this position but interested in joining the Soliloquies Anthology editorial committee may apply during our April call for editors. Information will be available on our Facebook page and website in the coming weeks.